Easter Baskets

I love giving, planning, and making gifts. I am a gift giver. It's definitely one of my main love languages. I feel a little guilty about enjoying the commercial side of holidays as holy as Christmas and Easter. Although they are both about an amazing gift, it wasn't wrapped up under the tree or stuffed into a plastic egg. So while I certainly remember the true reason we are celebrating these holidays, I confess I still enjoy the excuse to create a gift, especially a gift basket. Who doesn't love a gift basket?  I can pretty much make anything into a gift basket, but it's handy that at Easter gifts usually come in baskets. I found it was a little trickier than I thought making an Easter basket for Thing One when he was a toddler. There's not a lot of candy that's safe to give a toddler, and although chocolate is ok I didn't want him eating a lot of candy anyway. So I used a couple of only slightly healthier and more toddler-friendly options.


Thing one really likes it when there's miniature versions of things. "It's a little tiny baby Oreo!"


And if you are anything like us, you might have some Lucky Charms around the house still from your yearly St. Patrick's Day purchase. You know that's what real Irish people are eating for breakfast everyday.


I also like to use the term "basket" very loosely when I'm talking gift basket. I really like to come up with something else to use as the container. I know a sand bucket isn't that novel, but sometimes I do get more creative.


I thought about using a bike helmet for Thing One's "basket" this year since he needs one anyway. But then I forgot and just loaded up a plain actual basket. I'm putting that in the W column though because I got it done a week ahead of time! I enjoy looking at gift baskets that others have made and get inspiration from them, so I thought I'd just show you this one in case it gives you any ideas you didn't already have. 



I hope you had a fabulous weekend and got to enjoy some good weather. It sure felt like summer here. 

Thanks for reading.
-Haley

Comments

Popular Posts