Pincushion Pots

Mother's Day is coming up, so I thought I might share a few DIY ideas over the next couple weeks. I saw this adorable pin cushion idea at Homemade Mamas, who were inspired by this extra tiny version found here. Here's how mine turned out.


Since baby food jars have not been in short supply around here for the last few years, this was a perfect project for me.


My mom likes to sew, so I made one for her and one for another lovely sewing friend of ours.


Of course now I'm kicking myself for not making myself one, because I don't feel like rounding up the stuff just to make one for me. Even though it's not like these are complicated. It's an ideal watching-a-movie craft (just not one with subtitles, because hand-sewing + subtitles = headache and lost plot--experience talking here ladies) . I think these are perfect for brightening up a sewing room, or corner if you, like me, don't have an entire room to devote to sewing.


I hope you all had a good weekend! Let's get those Mother's Day projects going; time is flying!


Comments

Popular Posts