Pinned Theirs--Oatmeal Squares

Good morning! I hope you all had a good weekend. Ours was a marathon, but sometimes it does feel good to fit in so much, especially when it includes good friends. Anyway, I'm so excited about what I want to share with you this week. Lots of bloggers have been talking about Pinterest; pros, cons, etc. I don't really want to get into much about Pinterest itself, except that I try to always give credit where credit is due, and I don't want to be someone who just collects a million projects or recipes with no intention of really trying them. Know what I mean? I only want to pin stuff that I really want to do. So this is probably the first in a series of posts I want to call: Pinned theirs, done that--food edition.

I read different blogs for different reasons (although I often get several different things out of the same blog). I read some for ideas, some for tutorials, some that make me smile, some for sewing tips, some for inspiration, and some for recipes. My favorite food blog is definitely How Sweet It Is. I love her sense of humor and I've actually tried several of her recipes since I started reading a few months ago. 

She made this oatmeal bake a couple weeks ago and last week, it was our Saturday morning special.

Strawberry Banana Cream Oatmeal Squares from How Sweet It Is

It feels pretty healthy since it has two kinds of fruit and oats in it.


And it tastes like breakfast and dessert. Banana bread meets strawberry cobbler. I would call it a breakfast cobbler. It was delicious and I would definitely make it again. It's nice to try something new for breakfast. 


Get the recipe here. P.S. I didn't have heavy cream, so I just used milk and it still turned out great. We had a couple pieces left over and it tasted just as good warmed up the next day and was a perfect quick breakfast before church. 


Pinned theirs, done that. One down. See you tomorrow!

Thanks for reading!
-Haley

Comments

Popular Posts