Owl Party

So we recently had a birthday party here for Thing Two. He has this little owl book that he loves so we decided to go with an owl theme. 


 Here's some of our party details.


I made the invites using my Silhouette and some scrapbook paper I already had. 


I made owl shirts for Thing One and Thing Two using iron-on transfers I found at Hobby Lobby. It's amazing how much owl stuff you see once you start looking. Now I see owls everywhere!



I made some felt owl finger puppets to give the kids as favors, but used them first as decorations. I'll post the how-to later this week in case you want to make some.


I also made these owl bags to hold favors and ended up just setting them around as decorations too, because I thought they were pretty cute. 

 I made a mini cake for Thing Two. I used melted almond bark to make the tree and branches, and chocolate covered sunflower seeds for the leaves. The owl was a cake pop, my first attempt at those time-consuming little boogers.




Here's the rest of his friends. I made a whole batch of eyes before I started decorating them because you have to stick the details on them so fast before they harden up. The eyes were two piped dots of melted white almond bark with two black confetti sprinkles in the middle (you could also use mini chocolate chips). The beak was an orange chocolate-covered sunflower seed and the feet were star shaped sprinkles.



I made some regular cupcakes and decorated them with little owl picks. 


These were made out of buttons I found at Hobby lobby. I just hot glued a tooth pick to the back of each one.



 And because three kinds of cake didn't seem like enough work I also made these owl cupcakes I had seen on Pinterest.


This was kind of quirky, but I thought it was fun. I found these bath tub stickies at Target on clearance for like $1.40 so I bought two packs and stuck them to our sliding glass window. I used a regular washable marker to draw a tree in between to make them look like leaves and then added a few 3-D owl stickers. 


My sister gave us a pack of punching balloons, so we decided to turn those into owls too. I just used scrapbook sticky squares to stick on the paper eyes and wings. The beaks I cut on the Silhouette and used some self-adhesive card stock that my husband got me for my birthday. I've been saving it for a special project.


Thing Two liked these bouncing friends and overall I think he really liked the party--he loved seeing the owls everywhere, and that makes it worth it to me. We are so happy to have had a wonderful year with our very sweet little guy.


That's our owl party. I have a few more how-to details to share later in the week. Until then, owl be here. ; )


Thanks for reading.
- Haley




sharing this party @: Bloom Designs

Comments

  1. Hi Haley- This party is amazing- will you please email me at raullis@sbcglobal.net- I can't find any contact information

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too cute! I love the owl cake pops! You are a super mom! Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing at Saturday Show and Tell. I hope you'll be back this week to link up again! Have a great weekend!
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review

Popular Posts