Grown Up Gifts: Breakfast Bar

Welcome to week one of Handmade Christmas. This week I will feature some ideas for girlfriends, sisters, neighbors--grown ups. I'm excited to share some of my projects with you. I'd also love it if you would share your great handmade gift ideas in the comments throughout this series. Everyone loves a fresh idea, so please share yours! Now on to today's gift: the instant breakfast bar.

One of my favorite people has a long commute to work and is always rushing out the door in the mornings, so last year when I was thinking of gift ideas I decided I wanted to give her something that would make her mornings easier. I came up with a breakfast bar. 



Here's what I included in the Breakfast Bar:

A reusable travel mug
Mocha cappuccino mix
Instant coffee packets
Instant oatmeal
Poptarts
Biscotti
Chocolate dipped spoons
Disposable hot cups
Disposable spoons

The idea is that all you need is a little hot water and you are good to go. The disposable cups can be used for coffee or oatmeal. I wrapped everything in coordinating scrapbook paper and raffia to tie it all together, and used paper tags to label things. I used my Silhouette for the tags, but you can just snip some out of scrapbook paper. You want to make it look like a gift set, not a tray of groceries, so color-coordinating is important. I organized them all on a tray and made a little banner to personalize it more. I like to think this gift made cold January mornings a little easier to bear. 


Do you know someone who's always running out the door without breakfast? This might be the perfect gift for them. After all, they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

Thanks for stopping by! See you soon with more gift ideas!
- Haley

Comments

Popular Posts