New Year's Toast

Last year we let Thing One stay up 'til 10 on New Year's Eve. We watched the ball drop in NY and made an apple cider toast. Then we said it was time for bed. Thing One teared up and said "You promised I could stay up for a New Year's toast!" We tried to explain that raising our glasses together was the toast, but Thing One insisted that we had not made any toast. Then I realized that he thought we were going to eat a piece of toast. It was very late for a very little Thing, so to stop the tears we did this


I made him some New Year's toast, and we got the New Year off to a good start. : ) I think that we will be making this a tradition. This year I think I will add some jam to make it look like sparkling cranberry juice.


Wishing you all a wonderful New Year! I'm off to work on my resolutions. What are you resolving to do in 2013?


Comments

Popular Posts