Fresh Blended Applesauce

Hi friends! It's been busy, busy around here! I'm sure it's the same for you. May is always like that. Not enough hours in the day. Trying to make the most of all of them though. Today I wanted to share a super easy no-cook applesauce recipe. 

This fall I made crock pot applesauce for the first time and it was delicious, but it you have to peel and core all the apples and it makes huge bowl of apples into a kind of small bowl of applesauce in the end. If you want a little more bang for your buck, try this recipe. It blends fresh apples with lemon and a little sugar and comes together in about 5 minutes, so you don't have to wait for it to cook all day! 


Fresh Blended Applesauce

4 apples
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)

Directions:
I always leave the skin on the apples because I think there's more nutrients, and you can't taste a difference once it's blended anyway. Quarter the apples and and cut out the core, then I usually chop the quarters in half, just so they fit in the blender better. Start with three of the apples in the blender. Add the brown sugar, lemon juice, water and cinnamon. Blend. You will probably have to stir or push down the apples to get them to blend at first. Once the mixture is blending well, drop the remaining apple into the vortex one piece at a time. This is my favorite part. I feel like like I'm feeding the blender.  I'm weird, I know. : ) 


And that's it, out comes your delicious applesauce! This is usually enough for the four of us to have as a side with dinner, and the boys to have the next day with lunch. I like that you get as much out as you put in, and it tastes so fresh. I think my husband would be happy if I made this everyday. We all love it. Thanks to my mother-in-law for introducing us to blended applesauce!

Hope your week is off to a good start!
- Haley

Comments

Popular Posts