Book Review: Close to You

Hi Friends! Remember how I had a long list of mostly serious books to read at the beginning of the year, and mentioned I was going to need to work in some lighter reads for fun? Well, I found a good one! Close to You by Kara Isaac comes out April 26th, and you will definitely want to put it on your summer reading list!


When Howard books told me about this story, I jumped at the chance to read it. Both my sister and my cousin lived and studied in New Zealand in college. I'm the only one in my immediate family who hasn't been there, so this was my imaginary ticket! The main character is smart and funny kiwi Allison Shire who keeps on keeping on in the midst of her life's biggest disaster to date. At the moment, that means this scholar, with a doctorate in literature, is leading tours all over New Zealand with groups dressed entirely in Lord of the Rings garb and speaking Elvish.
Meanwhile Jackson Gregory has signed up for the ultimate LOTR fan club tour in order to schmooze his great uncle into investing in his business--an investment he desperately needs. The only problem is, Jackson knows nothing about The Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit. Perfect. 
If you've ever wanted to traipse all over New Zealand, if you've ever had a career disaster (like both of these main characters), if you've ever read a Lord of the Rings book (or seen the movies), or if you just like a good love story; you will love this book! It is well written, with a great setting and fun characters. This is Kara Isaac's first book. How I love to see people succeed! 
Happy reading!

** Howard Books gave me a free copy of this book for my honest review. All opinions on my blog are my own. 

Comments

Popular Posts